Play your way
With everything from basketball to badminton, soccer, pickleball, volleyball, floor hockey, and more, there's something for everyone at your Y. Join an organized team, enjoy some friendly competition as part of a league, or play on your own schedule with our drop-in times.See Schedules Adult Sports Martial Arts
Looking for children’s lessons? Explore soccer, basketball, martial arts, dance, and more programs that will help your kids explore their interests, tap into their talents, and build lifelong skills.Children's Programs
Whether you're a seasoned pro or looking to try something new, YMCA sports programs were designed to help you up your skills, make connections, and build team spirit.
- Programs are drop-in unless otherwise indicated.* That means you don't have to sign up in advance, book your court time, or pay additional fees on top of your monthly membership — just check the schedule, and show up ready to play.
- Sports vary by centre and age group. They can include: Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, Badminton, Floor Hockey, Flag Football, Futsal, Table Tennis, Squash and Pickleball.
- *Tournaments and Leagues: Enjoy a little friendly competition in our organized sports teams and leagues. These are the "otherwise indicated" sessions that are not offered on a drop-in basis, but require advanced registration. Sports and schedules vary depending on the centre and number of participants/teams entered. Leagues occur over a number of weeks, while tournaments are usually one-day only. For team sports, participants may register individually and be placed on a team, or full teams can register together. Entry fees apply.
- *Squash: Our West End, Central, and North York YMCAs are outfitted with squash courts. This is another "otherwise indicated" program that you must sign up for in advance. Visit the membership desk to book your court time.
Build lifelong skills, connections, self-discipline, and confidence.
We offer martial arts to members ages 6 and up. Martial Arts programs offered vary by centre and age group. Registration is required for most of these programs, and additional fees may apply.
- Karate: Karate is a Japanese style martial art. It builds discipline, core stability, agility, balance, flexibility, endurance and power as a result of learning a moving art form. Through karate you can attain self-confidence, personal development, physical fitness, self-defence skills and traditional martial arts skills. Karate combines the use of powerful punches, kicks and defensive techniques learned while doing fundamentals, kata technique and sparring.
- Tae Kwon Do: This Korean art form focuses on the conditioning of the body with emphasis on flexibility that enables the student to learn and develop the Tae Kwon Do fighting system. Students will learn hand and foot techniques along with patterns, self-defence and sparring.
- Tai Chi: A form of martial arts that involves smooth motions in sequence. Tai Chi improves flexibility, balance, strength, coordination and mental concentration.