All the resources you need to settle in.
Friendly staff and the support you need to get started. Do you:
- Want to learn or improve English and/or French?
- Plan to move to Canada?
- Want to learn more about Canadian culture?
- Need employment?
The YMCA is the first stop for thousands of new immigrants every year!
- Support in nearly 60 languages
- A variety of interactive programs and information sessions
- Guest speakers from the community
- Meaningful volunteer opportunities and networking
- New immigrant youth services
- Pre-arrival Settlement Services (Next Stop Canada)
- A connection to refugee resettlement services in Canada
Here's how we can help you start your journey in Canada.
Newcomer Information Centre
The YMCA Newcomer Information Centre is the first choice for thousands of newcomers every year when they are looking for information to start their new life in Canada. Our friendly, multilingual and knowledgeable staff provides free access to information and referral services. Click here to learn more about these welcoming centres.
Language Assessment and Referral Service
The YMCA Language Assessment and Referral Service provide immigrants in Canada with English and/or French language assessment for government-funded programs at no cost. Click here to learn more about this program.
Newcomer Youth Leadership Development Program
The Newcomer Youth Leadership Development (NYLD) program is designed to help newcomer youth and parents have a positive settlement experience. NYLD offers safe, supportive and empowering spaces where you and your family can become active and engaged new Canadians. Click here to learn more about this program.
Next Stop Canada, YMCA's Pre-Arrival Settlement service, offers online settlement information, orientations and referral services to eligible individuals living overseas with the intention to come to Canada. We help participants prepare for immigration and will create a direct link to settlement services in Canada. Click here to learn more about the service.