Practical guidance and support to get the right job for you
We understand the challenges of looking for a job during these unprecedented times — and we’re here to help. Our employment experts are working remotely so we can continue supporting you in your search. From identifying opportunities to helping you write effective resumes and prepare for interviews, the YMCA of Greater Toronto’s wide range of employment services will help you find the job that’s right for you. Our remote services are in the Peel Region, Etobicoke, North York, York Region, Scarborough and Durham Region.
Book your free appointment today!
- Help developing a career path strategy
- Support to craft your résumé and cover letter
- Guidance to improve your interview techniques through mock interviews
We’re doing our part to flatten the curve. The safety of our participants, staff, volunteers, and broader community members is our top priority. To help keep you healthy, we’re currently working to make virtual job fairs available. Stay Tuned!
Build the skills you need to land your next job! We’re offering remote workshops designed to give you the tools and practical advice you need to find employment, including resume and cover letter creation, interview preparation, basic technical literacy skills, networking tips, and much more. Check out the calendars below to find workshops you want to attend and learn how to register.
- The Etobicoke YMCA Employment and Immigrant Services team (Word)
- The Mississauga YMCA Employment and Community Services team (Word)
- The North York YMCA Employment and Immigrant Services team (Word)
- The Durham YMCA Employment and Community Services team (Word)
- The Richmond Hill YMCA Employment and Community Services team (Word)
- The Scarborough YMCA Employment and Immigrant Services team (Word)
Tips from YMCA employment experts
YMCA Digital Skills Literacy Program
Build your digital skills
We’re all relying much more on technology these days, and it can feel a little overwhelming. The YMCA Digital Skills Literacy Program is here to help you navigate the online world with confidence!
Our free workshops include:
- Introduction to Basic Computer Skills
- Understanding Popular Apps
- Understanding Social Media
- Internet Safety for Parents
- Internet Safety and Social Media
- Cyber Bullying
- Phishing and Online Dating
- Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Online Gaming and Apps
Construction Connections program
About the program
- Explore and start your career in the construction trades
- Register as an apprentice and enter into a formal apprenticeship program
- Access training and supports in order to be successful
How to apply