Begin Your Career as a Childhood Educator
We are looking for dedicated and passionate child care professionals to join our growing YMCA team. The Y is recognized as a top employer in the GTA and a top employer of young people in Canada, and is the largest non-profit provider of Licensed Child Care in Canada — and our staff is the core of our success.
Now Hiring New Educators For September 2020!
Lead quality, play-based learning within a Licensed Child Care environment when you apply to join our dedicated team of Child Care professionals at the Y.
Why Join the Y GTA Child Care Team?
- Lead quality, play-based learning within a Licensed Child Care setting
- Competitive salaries with yearly increases based on employee performance
- Potential for career growth within internal positions for supervisory or managerial roles, and opportunity for movement within over 280 locations across the GTA
- Professional development and leadership training opportunities (YMCA Playing to Learn and A Place to Connect curricula)
- Work/life balance and family-friendly policies
- Apprenticeship Program Sponsorship
- YMCA Gym Membership
- Enhanced vacation
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program *
- Extended health care and dental plan *
- Paid Days Off *
- Child Care & Camp Discounts *
- Pension *
- Maternity and compassionate care top up *
**NEW** enhanced benefits now offered to salaried split shift staff
* Where applicable
About our Child Care team opportunities
- Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECE) — must be in good standing with the College of ECEs
- Early Childhood Assistants (ECA)
- On-site Supervisors for Before and After School Programs
- Early Learning Facilitator (ELF) — may require other qualifications, such as Ontario Certified Teacher, Child & Youth Worker, and/or Social Service Worker
- Occasional Supply Staff
- Child Care Supervisors