All planned summer programs – YMCA Day Camp, Summer Club, Kinder Club, and Extended Day Camp – have been cancelled. Registered families are automatically being refunded the full balance of their fees. Reimbursement for all registrants will take up to four weeks.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is preparing an alternative summer program to safely deliver the camp experience to registrants. Program and registration details will be announced sometime in June. Please continue to check ymcagta.org/Alerts for the latest information.
Thank you for your continued support of the YMCA of Greater Toronto and we look forward to welcoming you back to our centres as soon as we’re able.
Registration for our modified Summer 2020 programs is now open! We are thrilled to be operating 20 Y Day Camp locations, with programs for 6 - 12 year old's, as well as Y Family Adventures and Y Virtual Camp Programs.
About YMCA GTA Day Camps
Camping is for everyone, and the Y offers a variety of programs at more than 50 locations across the GTA to ensure we meet the needs and interests of your camper. Programs range from academic, arts and science programs, to sports, swimming lessons, leadership, outdoor adventure and more!
Summer Day Camp offers new experiences, skill building, a sense of community and lasting friendships — in conservation and urban settings while allowing campers to return home each evening. Busing and extended hours is available across the city to support your family's busy schedule!
For help with our registration process, check out our registration how-to video!
Fun and Exciting Programs
With over 45 unique programs to choose from, we are sure to have a program that captures your child’s interests! All camp programs fall under the following categories:
- Arts & Culinary Arts
- Leadership (Ages 12 – 16)
- Media Arts
- Science & Academics
- Swimming Lessons
- Variety (a mix of activities based on the camp location)
Find the right programs for your camper!
Beads that Boost Belonging
- At Y Day Camps, we are proud of our unique Y Values Bead program where we encourage campers to demonstrate Y core values and in turn they can earn beads! Each of our six Y core values are associated with a color bead. Throughout the week, beads are awarded to campers demonstrating our core values of respect, responsibility, caring, health, honest, and inclusiveness, and are worn as a constant reminder of what we value as a camp community. In addition, we have a silver leadership bead, as well as a gold bead which is our excellence bead given to campers who earn all six core values!
- Learn more about our Y Day Camp values bead program on our blog.
Swim Lessons Summer Program
- Our Day Camp swim programs are designed for campers that love the water! Depending on the location and program you choose, campers will receive either one or two, daily one-hour swimming lesson with a certified YMCA Aquatics Instructor and a one-hour recreation swim to play and practice their new swimming skills. To ensure quality instruction, campers are registered by YMCA swim level; Otter, Seal, Dolphin/Swimmer and Star 1-4. Campers will receive a report card and an award if the level is completed. Campers must be 6 years old by the start of the program.
- Click here to learn what swim level your camper belongs in.
Our Safety Pledge
Highly Trained Staff
- YMCA Camp Staff are a minimum of 17 years of age (by the end of the calendar year), and most are college and university students or recent graduates.
- All staff must have their current Standard First Aid and CPR “C” and staff 18+ must provide a background check.
- YMCA Camp Staff receive a minimum of one week of pre-camp training each spring, which works out to about 40 hours of training. Senior staff receive approximately 90 hours prior to each camp season!
Our Camper Code of Conduct
In order to provide a safe environment for everyone, please read and understand our Camper Code of Conduct:
- The safety of each individual in the program is of the utmost importance to the YMCA. Each registrant must recognize a personal responsibility to learn and follow at all times the safety and other rules established by YMCA staff. I hereby agree that any behaviour of the registrant that places him/herself or others at risk may result in the registrant’s immediate dismissal from the program. Further, if dismissed from the program, I agree to cover any expense(s) arising from such dismissal. I hereby acknowledge and agree that no refund will be granted for dismissal or removal of the registrant at his/her request before the end of a program session. In order to ensure the safety and well-being of all individuals participating in the program, the YMCA reserves the right to alter the program at any time without notice or compensation to the Registrant.
Small Group Focus
To give our campers the opportunity for individual growth and development, we limit our Day Camp group sizes. This allows for campers to participate in group activity, while allowing for everyone to be supervised at all times. Our group sizes are as follows:
- Up to 8 campers for our Kinders (4-5 years old)
- Up to 11 campers for the Jr. age group (6-8 year olds)
- Up to 13 campers for the Sr. age group (9-12 year olds)
- Up to 15 campers for the Youth age group (12-16 year olds)
*Group sizes may fluctuate slightly due to availability
In addition to a counselor in every group, every site will be supported by a number of Camper Support Staff, an on-site Director, Senior Directors, and the Day Camp Managment team!
A Safe Space where Campers can be Campers
YMCA Day Camps are committed to making our spaces safe for your campers. Here are a few measures we've put in place to ensure this is a reality:
- YMCA Wristbands
- Your camper will receive a YMCA wristband at the beginning of each camp session. Please keep this on!
- We use this system to identify YMCA campers from other children when in our public spaces.
- We also mark these bracelets in a way that allows us to know if your camper is able to swim without a personal flotation device.
- If the bracelet does manage to come off, don’t worry, we’ll replace it when your camper arrives to camp!
- Sign In/Sign Out Policies
- All campers must be signed in and out by a parent, guardian, or anyone listed as an emergency contact by the primary account holder for that registration.
- You will be asked to provide proper identification when signing your camper out from camp, please have it with you when coming into the day camp office. We’ve put this in place to ensure that our campers get home safe.
- Facility Standards
- Although the majority of our programs run in permitted spaces, we ensure that these locations provide a safe space for your campers to grow.
- For camps located in schools, all doors will be locked for the safety of our campers. Keep in mind that if you are visiting a camp, you will need to call the director so they may let you in! Not sure where to go? When arriving to any one of our day camp locations, keep an eye out for signs that will guide you to our camp office or the phone number to reach our camp director!
- Campers located in any one of our 9 centres of community are surrounded by YMCA staff of all levels. Campers at these sites will spend anywhere between 50-90% of their days in program areas located inside the facility!
- All sites, including our outdoor sites, receive daily site checks before the day begins to ensure that there aren’t any harmful objects in the areas your campers will be playing in.
- Ontario Camps Association
- YMCA Day Camps are OCA Certified, meaning we have met, and in many cases exceed the standards set out by the Ontario Camping Association. Find out more.
YMCA summer programs provide families with meaningful experiences. Here are a few examples:
- How Marcellus Learned and Grew at YMCA Day Camps
- Winter Fun at Cedar Glen
- Developing New Skills at Summer Camp
- 4 Tips for preventing summer learning loss
- Why Choose Y Day Camp?
For more YMCA Day Camp stories, visit our YMCA Blog
We Make Things Convenient!
With 60+ buses on the road each day with over 200 stops, you can be sure to find a bus stop near you. To find your closest bus stop, create your own personal Summer Day Camp Guide. All our Day Camp buses are supervised by trained Camp bus marshals to ensure your Camper is safe and engaged from the second you sign them onto the bus!
Additional Summer Options:
Summer Club (Ages 4 to 12)
Pine Crest "Little Critters" Day Camp (ages 4 to 8)
- Little Critters Day Camp is an outdoor, action packed, weekday program where our youngest campers will experience everything we can pack into the week! This program takes place at YMCA Camp Pine Crest in Muskoka, ON and is ideal for families with cottages in the local area.
- Activities include:
- Daily swimming
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Boogie boarding and themed activities
- Download our information guide to learn more about Little Critters, and programs offered at Pine Crest.
Integration and Accessibility Program (1:1 Support)
- The goal of our Integration program is to provide one to one support for campers who require additional support to be able to particpate in camp programming, and support their needs for a fun and successful summer!
- This program is not intended as an individual or specialized program - campers are integrated into the camp program they have chosen (i.e. variety) and are encouraged to participate at their level of ability.
- Spaces are allocated on a first come, first serve basis and our Integration Support team will work closely with you and your child to find the best fit. In order to be considered for the upcoming day camp season, all applications must be received by May 31.
- In addition to the camp program fees, there is an additional fee of $305 to participate in the Integration Program. If cost is a concern, please speak with our Integration Support Team to discuss options and qualifications for YMCA Financial Assistance.
- Not all of our camp locations are fully accessible, please speak with our team to find a camp locations that best suits your camper's interests and needs. The YMCA may decline applications based on the level of needs and the training and/or expertise required to support the camper safely. The camper must not pose a health risk to themselves or others. We ask that you be honest and detailed when completing the documentation, and have open communication with our team to ensure your camper has a successful camp experience.
- To get in touch with our Integration Support team and discuss if camp is the right fit for your camper, please complete the online Inquiry Form